....... A Journey through this life ... desiring to be filled with Grace, Mercy and Prayer.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Storms

A storm came through our house last night ....

No, not physically.

Words came crashing down, like waves hitting rocks.

No, we are not immune. We're not any more spiritual or religious than any of the other sinners out there.



How do I get through these storms ... they WILL come ...

I'm afraid that when all comes crashing down, my first response is to speak my heart.

There it is ... the truth ... my heart. My Heart ...

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Just like all the other things that God is teaching me, I am slowly ... slowly .... learning.

To get through that storm .... to face the waves head on ... I must cry out to Jesus! He alone can bring peace and calmness to my heart. He CHANGES my heart. The storm may not go away, but inside me ... there is contentment! Oh the miracle!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun. Comments are neat. Especially when they're oh so sweet! I thank you very much for leaving one!